Haringey Safeguarding Children Parternsip Logo

RSS Icon
A child smiling with paint on their hands and face

Guidance & Legislation

Download Haringey Safeguarding Children Partnership agree Haringey SCP Threshold Guide (Updated march 2022) - (418kb PDF) to get a better idea of how thresholds should be applied locally.

As well as preventative measures, such as having a range of safeguarding policies, safe practice also involves safer recruitment and consistent procedures for dealing with abuse allegations against staff.

This section is designed to support all areas of professional practice with a detailed resource of relevant documents, including:

  • local and national guidance
  • guidance on specific areas and contexts of child protection work

Safeguarding and Child Protection practice is supported by the legal framework and both statutory and non-statutory guidance.

The London Safeguarding Children Board issues guidance and London-wide child protection procedures to ensure consistency in the practice across the 32 London boroughs.

Haringey Safeguarding Children Partnership issues local guidance that supports professionals working at a local level with the prominent local needs.


Have your say...

Comments are closed for this article

Report Abuse

MASH Report Abuse and Neglect

If you are worried about a child for any reason, contact MASH on 020 8489 4470.

If you are making a referral: MashReferral@haringey.gov.uk

If you are calling between 5pm and 9am weekdays or anytime at the weekend, call the Emergency out-of-hours duty team on 020 8489 0000.

If you or a child is in immediate danger you should always phone 999.


Allegations Against Staff - LADO

Please use referral form for the LADO:

Contact LADO:

Email: LADO@haringey.gov.uk
T. 020 8489 2968

All allegations should be reported without delay to:

Haringey's Local Authority Designated Officer (LADO)
2nd Floor River Park House
N22 8HQ

Thinking of using a tutor or tuition centre v3 [791kb pdf]

Online Poll

What do you think of the new HSCP website?