Children in need of help and protection, and Contextual Safeguarding, including exploitation is one of the HSCP's priorities.
We want children and young people to grow up free from experiencing violence and all forms of exploitation.
We will do this through:
- Improved awareness through education and information sharing to enhance the potential for children and young people to make known that they have/are been exposed to or encouraged to engage in any form of exploitation.
- Plans for children in need of help and protection are robust and responsive to identified needs to reduce risks.
- Children and young people are healthy and able to transition as young adults who can make a positive contribution to the local economy and community.
How will we influence these outcomes (activities):
Professionals will strengthen alternative harm prevention pathways to promote the welfare and safety of children and young people.
- Continue to raise awareness within community settings to recognise signs of exploitation and how to utilise the Think Family approach to support diverting children and young people from exposure to risk.
- Strengthen collaborative work with Adult Services relating to vulnerable young adults.
FREE Contextual Safeguarding Film and Resources from Enfield
Enfield have produced a safeguarding film and professional handbook around preventing extra familial abuse. The resource is free and can be accessed here.
Please disseminate this resource widely within your agencies. We would ask that you acknowledge the role that Enfield Council, Amani Simpson and their production company AVIARD Inspires, and the children of Enfield played, in the making of the film.